Carter Holt Harvey LVL truFLOOR™
truFLOORTM is an LVL product targeted at bearer and joist sub floor applications where predictable performance is advantageous
Features & Benefits
- H2-S treated for termite protection south of the Tropic of Capricorn
- Minimise joints and wastage - lengths available up to 12.0 metres
- Sourced from managed plantation forests – Available FSC ‘Chain of Custody’ certified upon request
- Supported by technical support and software from Futurebuild LVL
- Start specifying today with designIT for houses
- Each stick is branded for ease of identification
- EWPAA certified with quality control procedures
truFLOOR is structural laminated veneer lumber (LVL) which has been manufactured in accordance with AS/NZS 4357 with properties determined in accordance with AS/NZS 4063.2 and therefore complies with the requirements for structural design in accordance with AS1720.1.
truFLOOR is treated against termites south of the Tropic of Capricorn. The treatment is applied to the glue-line during manufacture to achieve full termite protection to the core of the beam. No further sealing is required on cut ends, holes or notches. Other treatment levels are available from suppliers on request, but treatment is limited to above ground use. truFLOOR cannot be readily treated for in ground contact applications.
truFLOOR is manufactured using an ‘A’ Bond with less than 0.5mg/l Formaldehyde (equivalent to E0) emissions from the final product.
For quality assurance the truFLOOR range is manufactured with independent audit processes and product certification. Carter Holt Harvey LVL ensures that its wood is legally sourced from managed forests and offer FSC ‘Chain of Custody’ certified upon request.
truFLOOR is produced with a structural grade face and is not generally used in appearance applications and at the time of dispatch from the manufacturing site has a moisture content of between 8-15%.
- Where H2-S treated timber products are used
- Bearer and joists in sub floor applications
For storage of truFLOOR prior to installation the product should be:
- Stacked on level bearers to keep flat and straight.
- Stacked well clear of the ground for good ventilation.
- Stored under cover to keep dry prior to installation.
Note: After installation, exposure to sun and rain for normal periods of construction is not ordinarily a cause for concern.
truFLOOR may normally be installed and fixed in the same way as seasoned timber. AS1684 contains many standard details for fixing of timber members which can be utilised as required. In order to determine the capacity of fasteners used with truFLOOR, joint group JD4 properties shall be taken to apply.