Carter Holt Harvey LVL hySTRUCT LVL
hySTRUCT™ is an all-purpose LVL product targeted at traditional timber sizes for high load applications where strength and predictable deflection performance are paramount.
Features & Benefits
- H2-S treated for termite protection south of the Tropic of Capricorn
- Minimise joints and wastage - lengths available up to 12.0 metres
- Sourced from managed plantation forests – Available FSC® ‘Chain of Custody’ certified upon request
- Supported by t echnical support and software by Futurebuild LVL
- Start specifying today with designIT for houses
- Each stick is branded for ease of identification
- EWPAA certified with quality control procedures
With hySTRUCT, designers can confidently utilise the predicted deflection performance of LVL in truss systems.
hySTRUCT is structural laminated veneer lumber (LVL) which has been manufactured in accordance with AS/NZS 4357 with properties determined in accordance with AS/NZS 4063.2 and therefore complies with the requirements for structural design in accordance with AS1720.1.
hySTRUCT is treated against termites south of the Tropic of Capricorn. The treatment is applied to the glue-line during manufacture to achieve full termite protection to the core of the beam. No further sealing is required on cut ends, holes or notches. Other treatment levels are available from suppliers on request, but treatment is limited to above ground use. hySTRUCT cannot be readily treated for in ground contact applications.
hySTRUCT is manufactured using an ‘A’ Bond with less than 0.5mg/l Formaldehyde (equivalent to E0) emissions from the final product.
For quality assurance the hySTRUCT range is manufactured with independent audit processes and product certification. Carter Holt Harvey ensures that its wood is legally sourced from managed forests and offer FSC ‘Chain of Custody’ certified upon request.
hySTRUCT is produced with a structural grade face and is not generally used in appearance applications and at the time of dispatch from the manufacturing site has a moisture content of between 8-15%.
- Stud frame applications
- Where H2-S treated timber products are used
- Bottom chords and top chords for trusses
- Webs for trusses in higher loaded applications
For storage of hySTUCT prior to installation the product should be:
- Stacked on level bearers to keep flat and straight.
- Stacked well clear of the ground for good ventilation.
- Stored under cover to keep dry prior to installation.
Note: After installation, exposure to sun and rain for normal periods of construction is not ordinarily a cause for concern.