Carter Holt Harvey LVL hySPAN+®
Features & Benefits
- hySPAN+ offers an alternative to F17 hardwood beams in traditional sizes
- H2-S TERMINATOR – termite protection with 25 year guarantee*
- Available in long lengths up to 13.2m
- Sourced from managed plantation forests – Available FSC ‘Chain of Custody’ certified upon request
- Supported by technical support and software from CHH Woodproducts
- Start specifying today with new and improved designIT® series 5 software
- Each stick is branded for ease of identification
- EWPAA certified with quality control procedures
hySPAN+ continues hySPAN® LVL’s long tradition of predictable performance with an alternative grading for added flexibility in specification with Carter Holt Harvey wood products.
* This product comes with a guarantee from Koppers. Conditions Apply. See www.kopperspc.com.au for details.
hySPAN+ is structural laminated veneer lumber (LVL) which has been manufactured in accordance with AS/NZS 4357 with properties determined in accordance with AS/NZS 4063.2 and therefore complies with the requirements for structural design in accordance with AS1720.1
hySPAN+ H2-S Terminator is available in all sizes and is part of the Carter Holt Harvey Terminator range. hySPAN+ H2-S Terminator is treated against termites south of the Tropic of Capricorn. The treatment is applied to the glue-line during manufacture to achieve full termite protection to the core of the beam. No further sealing is required on cut ends, holes or notches. Other treatment levels are available from suppliers on request, but treatment is limited to above ground use. hySPAN+ cannot be readily treated for in ground contact applications.
hySPAN+ is manufactured using an ‘A’ Bond with less than 0.5mg/l Formaldehyde (equivalent to E0) emissions from the final product.
For quality assurance the hySPAN+ range is manufactured with independent audit processes and product certification. Carter Holt Harvey ensures that its wood is legally sourced from managed forests and offer FSC ‘Chain of Custody’ certified upon request.
hySPAN+ is produced with a structural grade face and is not generally used in appearance applications and at the time of dispatch from the manufacturing site has a moisture content of between 8-15%.
hySPAN+ is suitable for most structural applications in residential, commercial, industrial and rural applications (following design verification).
hySPAN+ is not intended to support brickwork or other heavy masonry products.
For storage of hySPAN+ prior to installation the product should be:
- Stacked on level bearers to keep flat and straight.
- Stacked well clear of the ground for good ventilation.
- Stored under cover to keep dry prior to installation.
Note: After installation, exposure to sun and rain for normal periods of construction is not ordinarily a cause for concern.
hySPAN+ may normally be installed and fixed in the same way as seasoned timber. AS1684 contains many standard details for fixing of timber members which can be utilised as required. In order to determine the capacity of fasteners used with hySPAN+, joint group JD4 properties shall be taken to apply.
Rip Sawing hySPAN+
Unlike graded timber, hySPAN+ may be rip sawn through the thickness to the smaller standard section depths without affecting the basic strength properties. Care should be taken however, to comply with the no negative tolerance specification (i.e. do not cut undersize).
Rip sawing through the depth to produce sections of reduced thickness may adversely affect strength properties and is therefore not recommended.